Garden waste subscription and payment
- Category: Recycling
- Last Updated: 14 February 2017
- Garden Waste Service collection day/week changes
- How to subscribe
- What happens next?
- Terms and conditions
- Home composting
- Payment couldn't be simpler
- Information to download
These changes will enable the Council to run the service more efficiently, which helps to minimise costs for everyone, whilst maintaining the overall standard of the service.
A letter has been sent to all current subscribers with information about your collection day. Not all residents will be affected, so please check the letter carefully to make sure you don't miss out on any collections. Visit our "Find your bin collection day" webpage to download a handy calendar.
If you choose not to subscribe, then you must either take your garden waste to a Household Waste Recycling Centre or compost it at home. We recommend that you retain your brown bin in case you change your mind. However, if you want your brown bin removing please complete the online form to arrange for it to be collected. The brown bins remain the property of the Council and at some point in the future may be collected from your property with prior notice.
Garden waste should not be placed in your general refuse bin.
If you choose to join the scheme, you will need to display a valid licence on your wheeled bin. A licence will be issued once payment has been received.
The service costs £38 per bin, payable in advance - only £2 a collection.
It is a non-refundable fixed cost for collections from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018 (except December, January and February).
You can join the scheme any time up until 31 May 2017 but you will still be required to pay the full amount. Residents applying after the 31 May 2017 may not be guaranteed a collection.
If you would like more than one bin you will need to pay £38.00 for each additional bin.
For residents using compostable liners instead of wheeled bins, you will only be able to subscribe online or by calling (01653) 600666
Once payment has been received, you will be sent a confirmation letter (informing you that you have subscribed to the service) along with your licence. Your licence will need to be affixed to your bin to show the collection crew that you have paid to receive the service. Only your address and expiry date will appear on the licence. Bins without current licences will not be emptied.
Your licence will be delivered to you within 14 days of payment.
- Subscriptions made after 31 May 2017 may not be guaranteed
- The garden waste licence entitles you to use the fortnightly garden waste service from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018 at the address shown on the licence. It is not an entitlement to a specific number of collections
- The Council reserves the right to cancel collections in the event of severe weather
- Collections will be suspended for the winter months of December, January and February
- No refunds will be given
- It is intended that the licence is non-transferable and only valid for the property for which it was originally purchased. For residents who are moving, the preferred cost effective option is to leave the licence for the new occupants. If this does not meet your individual circumstances please contact us and arrangements will be made to cancel your current licence and issue a new licence
- The Council accepts no liability for lost, damaged or stolen licences or bins
- If your licence is lost, broken or stolen, contact us on (01653) 600666
- Your collection day may change. You will receive prior notification
- Wheeled bins remain the property of the Council
This is the preferred option for dealing with small amounts of green organic waste from the kitchen and garden.
To buy a low-cost home compost container now, visit Let's Talk Less Rubbish or call 0844 571 4444.
|Online - Pay online now|
Freephone - (24 hour Automated Service) 0800 035 1566 You will need your reference number and credit or debit card details to make payment using this method. Service available 24 hours a day.
|allpay - Payment can be made at Post Offices and other outlets displaying the Pay Point sign. You will need to take your bar coded letter with you to be able to pay by this method. Payments using allpay can only be made if you have a wheeled bin and must be in multiples of £38 ie one licence £38, two licences £76, and so on.|
Credit Card payments will be subject to a surcharge of 1.65%
If you have difficulty accessing any of the payment options, contact Access to Services (01653) 600666
We would like to thank you for your continued participation in recycling schemes and helping to improve our environment.