- Category: Doing business with the council
- Last Updated: 14 October 2016
How to do business with Councils in North Yorkshire
This guide is to help suppliers and members of the public understand Ryedale District Council's and the North Yorkshire District Councils' approach to procurement.
Any comments about the guide or any questions in relation to it should be addressed to the Council's Procurement Advisor (see details below).
How to register as a supplier
- See the Yortender website for registration of supplier details. Please try to avoid duplicate supplier registration wherever possible. One supplier profile can have up to five individual users registered against it.
- Registration to the Yortender system will be free of charge.
- If you have any questions or queries, please feel free to email Dale Casson Procurement Officer, Ryedale District Council.
- If you are interested in becoming a supplier to Ryedale District Council you should register on our supplier and contract management system (Yortender) as detailed to the right.
We require from our suppliers:
- To provide a reliable and dependable service.
- Good communication.
- Willingness to advise and suggest alternatives to reduce cost or wastage whilst maintaining or improving overall quality of the product.
- Honesty, integrity and professionalism.
- To conduct their business in an ethical way.
- Willingness to apply and operate see The Government Procurement Code of Good Practice for Customers and Suppliers attached below.
- Where required, the necessary technical capability.
Procurement Advisor, North Yorkshire Procurement Partnership
email: Dale Casson