Ryedale District Council

Scaffolding and hoarding licence

Any scaffold or hoarding which encroaches or projects over the highway requires a scaffold permit. These permits are only issued to the scaffolding company.


In Scotland if you propose to occupy or open part of a road (i.e.. carriageway, footway, footpath or cycle path etc), there is a requirement to obtain permission from the local Roads Authority. This is done by applying for the relevant permit.

Please note that this service is not provided by Ryedale District Council. Information on this service is provided by North Yorkshire County Council. For further information please visit their website.

Contact us

Main contact links for the Council:

Find our main offices by map

Your feedback

Connect with us

We're on Social Networks. Follow us and get in touch.
You are here: Home All services Business and economy Licensing and regulation Building and construction licensing Scaffolding and hoarding licence