- Category: Births, deaths and ceremonies
- Last Updated: 19 January 2017
The Natural Death Centre provides lots of information and advice on arranging independent funerals.
Although a funeral director will be invited to organise the majority of funerals, some people prefer to organise funerals themselves. It is also important to remember that an independent Funeral will require you to spend time making the arrangements, which include:
- Preparation and storage of the body
- Arranging a vehicle to collect and transfer the coffin
- And people to act as pall bearers (those who would wish to carry the coffin into the chapel or to the graveside).