Bulky household waste collections
- Category: Rubbish and recycling
- Last Updated: 04 January 2017
- I have an item of furniture in good condition but I don't want it anymore - is there anywhere that can make use of it?.
- Look out for or set up a Give or Take Day .
- Will the Council collect unwanted large items?.
If you have bulky furniture items that you think are in good condition and which may be useful to someone else, there are community organisations which may, depending on where you live, come and collect from your house.
Community Organisation contacts are:
- Email: .
- Telephone: (01904) 426444
- Email: .
- Telephone: (01723) 371335
St Catherine's Hospice - Malton Furniture Store
- Will collect and deliver
- Telephone: (01653) 229071
British Heart Foundation
Offer a free collection for furniture and electrical items using our online booking form. We'll give you a call within 72 hours to confirm your booking.
- Book a free collection
- Telephone 0808 250 0030
- Contact your local shop to arrange a collection.
We will collect up to two items of bulky household waste for a minimum charge of £26.00 inc. VAT (1 April 2016). Examples include:
- Freestanding furniture such as chairs, wardrobes, three-piece suites and beds
- White goods such as washers, fridges, freezers
- Garden equipment e.g. benches, washing lines, lawnmowers but not petrol lawnmowers
This service does not cover anything that may be classed as a fixture or fitting such as kitchen units, bathroom suites, radiators, windows, doors, garden waste, rubble and large or heavy items. If you have a heavy or large load to remove, please contact us as below.
To arrange for a collection, please email Customer Support, telephone Customer Support on 01653 600666 or use the online form and we will arrange a collection day. You can pay over the telephone using your credit (surcharge applies) or debit card.
If you have difficulty moving bulky items, let us know but please be aware this is not a removal service and, as far as is practicable, all items should be outside your property.
Alternatively, you may take any item of household waste to your nearest North Yorkshire County Council Household Waste Site.