Food waste recycling
- Category: Rubbish and recycling
- Last Updated: 07 June 2016
The Council does not collect food waste separately from the kerbside of its domestic properties.
Any leftover meat, fish, bread, dairy products or cooked food should be put in the refuse wheelie bin for disposal. However, residents are encouraged to home compost other food waste from the kitchen such as:
- Teabags and coffee grounds (including filter paper)
- All fruit and vegetable peelings
- Salad leaves
- Inedible/over ripe fruit and vegetables
- Cut flowers, house plants
To buy a low-cost composter container visit Let's Talk Less Rubbish.