Ryedale District Council

Mortgage references

Provision of a reference to a mortgage lender for tenants wishing to purchase their own property.

 I am applying for a mortgage, where can I get a reference?

If you are currently a tenant and you are applying for a mortgage as a first time buyer, you will be asked to provide references. You should approach your own landlord as they may be able to supply a reference to confirm whether you have conducted your tenancy in a satisfactory way and kept up with rent payments.

Yorkshire Housing on 0345 3664404 

Broadacres 01609 767900 

Sanctuary 0800 1313348

Home Group 0345 1414663

Chevin 0300 5555561

Stonewater 0800 0116420


Contact us

Main contact links for the Council:

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us

We're on Social Networks. Follow us and get in touch.

Website status

We will report here on any changes to web services.

25 May 2017: We are currently unable to process credit and debit card payments online and over the phone due to an issue with our payment system. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience.

» Website feedback

You are here: Home All services Housing Council and social housing Mortgage references