- Category: Strategies, plans and policies
- Last Updated: 12 April 2017
The District Council has experience in dealing with major emergencies affecting the local community and visitors. The Civil Contingencies Act 2004 has confirmed the District Council's role as a category 1 responder. As such we have a number of plans in place and carry out extensive planning in conjunction with many different partner agencies.
The North Yorkshire Local Resilience Forum (NYLRF) has been set up to co-ordinated the planning and response to major incidents in North Yorkshire. The Forum consists of representatives from the Emergency Services, Local Authorities, Health, Environment Agency, other professionals and voluntary agencies.
Useful Emergency Telephone Numbers
- Ryedale District Council Emergency Line 01653 638300
- Environment Agency Floodline 0845 9881 188
- North Yorkshire County Council 01609 780780
- Ryedale District Council (office hours) 01653 600666 (out of hours) 01653 697737
- North Yorkshire Police 0845 6060 247
- Yorkshire Water Supply 0845 1242 424
- Northumbrian Water 0845 7171 100
- Gas Leaks 0800 111 999
- Northern Electric 0800 668 877
- Yorkshire Electric 0800 375 675