- Category: Business development
- Last Updated: 18 August 2016
Providing advice to new or existing businesses in Ryedale on all aspects of running a business.
- Yorkshire Graduates
- York, North Yorkshire and East Riding Local Economic Partnership
- Young Enterprise
- Yorkshire Energy Partnership - Investors in the Environment
- Business Support York and North Yorkshire
- North Yorkshire Business and Education Partnership
- Business Link Yorkshire
- Science City York
- UK Trade and Investment
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Leeds, York and North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce
Yorkshire Graduates exists to connect graduates and employers across the Yorkshire region. We have been doing this work since 1996, and are passionate about making a contribution to economic growth in Yorkshire through utilising the potential that exists in graduates to help organisations grow and develop.
We believe that the effective utilisation of graduates in businesses and organisations grows productivity, profitability and innovation - in turn benefiting the economy across Yorkshire. We do this by working closely with businesses, universities and graduates, as we have since our first incarnation 'Graduate Link', which was set up by all of the University Careers Services in Yorkshire to connect Graduates and SMEs.
The Local Enterprise Partnership is a business led partnership with the public sector that will help businesses in York, North Yorkshire and the East Riding to improve and grow. For further information visit Business Inspired Growth.
If you are thinking about taking on an apprentice please visit the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS) website. NAS supports, funds and co-ordinates the delivery of Apprenticeships throughout England.
We are responsible for increasing the number of apprenticeship opportunities and providing a dedicated, responsive service for both employers and learners. This includes simplifying the process of recruiting an apprentice through Apprenticeship vacancies, an online system where employers can advertise their Apprenticeship job vacancies and potential apprentices can apply. RDC also work with several training providers who may also be able to help you, please contact us for further information.
What are the benefits to my company of being involved with Young Enterprise?
Motivate and develop your staff while producing an overall positive benefit on society.
Young Enterprise business supporters benefit in many ways - from motivational and professional development rewards of employee volunteering to demonstrating their commitment to measurable and effective Corporate Social Responsibility outcomes.
As well as offering a learning experience for students, Young Enterprise also brings learning benefits for the volunteers who are encouraged to develop their own skills and knowledge alongside their students, in particular self-confidence,communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
Through YE volunteers have the opportunity to meet other similarly committed local business people and broaden their business skills in a real working environment.
Active involvement with Young Enterprise as a Programme volunteer or Board volunteer can contribute as structured and unstructured hours towards CPD/CPE qualification. Young Enterprise provides full training and the opportunity to put into practise newly acquired insights.
The potential rewards from volunteering include:
- Improving your networking and recruitment and recruitment potential by engaging with emerging creative workforce
- Developing and refining your managerial expertise in a real working environment, with an emphasis on high-level communication and team skills.
- An increased awareness of your own industry sector and of broader business practices beyond it
- Access to training and the opportunity to immediately start putting your newly acquired skills into practice
- Contributing towards the CPD (Continuing Professional Development) qualification requirements of many professional bodies including the CIMA, ICSA, IFS and CPS
- The unique satisfaction that comes from developing the next generation of enterprising professionals through your own experience and wisdom
What is Investors in the Environment?
Investors in the Environment is a not for profit environmental accreditation and membership scheme. Unlike other environmental management systems iiE demands real improvements, is flexible and easy to implement and comes with the continued support of an environmental expert. As well as achieving a green stamp of approval businesses will save money off their bills and have access to over 60 other member businesses in Yorkshire and Humber who are actively looking at ways to improve their environmental performance.
Our membership includes:
- Accreditation (subject to meeting the Investors in the Environment criteria)
- Green Events and Seminars (around 8 per year)
- Resource Library (containing tools such as Smart meters and lux meters)
- Promotion through our media avenues, at our awards ceremony, on our website and through our newsletters
- Networking though our members, pledgers, events and Green Directory
- Telephone and email support for all that is green
- Tools, templates, spreadsheets, step by step packs and case studies to help you green your business effectively and achieve your accreditation
How will iiE benefit my business?
- Your business will save money through resource and energy-efficiency measures.
- You'll attract new business, contracts and customers through promotion of your environmental credentials.
- The environmental impacts of your business will be reduced.
- You'll receive recognition and accreditation for your environmental work and commitment - it's an official green stamp of approval.
For further information download the information pack at the foot of this page or visit Investors in the Environment.
Business Support York and North Yorkshire (BSYNY) have been delivering quality business support, advice and information in the York and North Yorkshire area for over 25 years. For help with business planning, marketing, training, funding and mentoring we are approachable, creative and have a history of success. Contact us now and see how we can help you. Visit our website at BSYNY. Email us at BSYNY or contact us on 01904 699590 for the latest business orientated events aimed at those thinking of starting a business or new businesses trying to develop.
NYBEP provides individually tailored services to help schools, colleges and universities enrich the curriculum, businesses engage actively in the development of their future workforce, and learners better understand their personal skills and future choices. At the heart of our aim is the desire to support education to achieve a better fit between the offer to young people and the needs of our communities and labour market.
Tel: 01904 693632 or visit NYBEP
Business Link is the government's online resource for businesses.
It contains essential information, support and services for you and your business - whether you work for a large organisation or are on your way to starting up.
Simple to use, up to date and practical, Business Link is the first place to go to find guidance on regulations and to access government services. It also has a number of useful online tools, calculators and best practice case studies; and provides access to funding options, as well as wider support.
For further information please visit GOV.UK
Science City York is a successful business and skills development initiative, driving the creation and growth of business and employment opportunities across York and North Yorkshire within three fast-growing technology sectors – bioscience, creative industries, and IT & digital.
Science City is funded through a range of partners from the public and private sector, including Yorkshire Forward (the Regional Development Agency for Yorkshire and the Humber) and provides a range of support services to assist in the creation and growth of technology-based businesses, entrepreneurs and skills development opportunities.
Tel: 01904 870040 or visit Science City York.
UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) works with UK-based businesses to ensure their success in international markets, and encourage the best overseas companies to look to the UK as their global partner of choice. UKTI has professional advisers both within the UK and across more than 100 international markets and a customer commitment to helping its UK and international customers by providing a range of services, to a high standard and improve customer service by listening to customer feedback.
We also have a co-ordination role across government to establish a more systematic approach to relationships with companies which are the most economically significant investors and exporters. For more information visit UKTI.
The FSB is non-profit making and non-party political The Federation of Small Businesses is the UK's largest campaigning pressure group promoting and protecting the interests of the self-employed and owners of small firms. Formed in 1974, it now has 205,000 members across 33 regions and 194 branches.
Our lobbying arm - led by the Westminster Press and Parliamentary office - applies pressure on MPs, Government and Whitehall and puts the FSB viewpoint over to the media. The FSB also has Press and Parliamentary Offices in Glasgow, Cardiff and Belfast to lobby the devolved assemblies. Development Managers work alongside members in our regions to further FSB influence at a regional level.
In addition, Member Services is committed to delivering a wide range of high quality, good value business services to members of the FSB. These services will be subject to continuing review and will represent a positive enhancement to the benefit of membership of the Leading Business Organisation in the UK.
A community that recognises, values and adequately rewards the endeavours of those who are self employed and small business owners within the UK
To be and remain the largest and most effective organisation promoting and protecting the interests of the self employed and small business owners within the UK.
Principal objectives to achieve the Mission Statement
- To recruit continuously at a high level
- To retain as many members as possible
- To promote the interests of members
- To protect members' business
- To publicise the benefits of self-employed and business ownership
- To identify the continuously changing needs of members
- Development Manager for North Yorkshire: Emma Watts 01751 467165.
For further information please visit Federation of Small Businesses.
Leeds, York and North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce has been supporting businesses since 1853. It is a private sector not for profit distribution, membership organisation and represents the interests of members across the North Yorkshire County. The Chamber has two clearly defined areas of operation; lobbying and representation and helping members to grow their businesses.
The Chamber delivers training, events and seminars across a wide range of subjects from general networking to specialist training to improve business performance. This is backed up by a suite of Chamber endorsed products provided on an exclusive basis, provided with an enhanced offering or with significant reductions to the standard rate.
As a long standing part of the business support environment, the Chamber has access to and knowledge of third party and Governmental organisations that can help your business, acting in a signposting capacity we make members aware of appropriate support services available in the region.
For more information please visit Your Chamber or call 01904 567838.