Ryedale District Council

Performing animals licence

It is an offence for anyone to train or exhibit a performing animal unless they are registered to do so. Legislation is designed to cover the use of animals in stage performances, at circuses, as part of exhibitions etc.

NYCCA person who exhibits or trains any performing animal must be registered by law. It is an offence for an unregistered person to exhibit or train a performing animal. Licences are granted by North Yorkshire County Council.

Contact us

Ryedale District Council
Ryedale House, Old Malton Road
Malton, North Yorkshire
YO17 7HH

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us