Ryedale District Council

Voluntary sector transport licence

Please note that this service is not provided by Ryedale District Council but by the Department for Transport. Please visit their website for further information.

dept transportMinibus Permits - otherwise known as Section 19 permits - can be issued to voluntary and non-profit making organisations concerned with religion, education, recreation, social welfare and other activities of benefit to the community.

Permits can allow the use of a minibus with between 9 and 16 passenger seats for hire and reward under certain restricted conditions, without the need for the operator to hold a Public Service Vehicle (PSV) Operator's licence.


Contact us

Main contact links for the Council:

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us

We're on Social Networks. Follow us and get in touch.

Website status

We will report here on any changes to web services.

25 May 2017: We are currently unable to process credit and debit card payments online and over the phone due to an issue with our payment system. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience.

» Website feedback

You are here: Home All services Business and economy Licensing and regulation Food, alcohol and entertainment licensing Voluntary sector transport licence