Ryedale District Council

Clinical household waste

How to dispose of medical/clinical waste.

I need to dispose of incontinence pads - what do I do?.

How do I get rid of dressings and other waste caused by my medical treatment / condition?.

Incontinence pads may be disposed of in your normal green wheeled bin. If this causes a problem of capacity due to the alternate week collection arrangements, please either complete a short online application form, email us or telephone on 01653 600666 as you may be entitled to an additional bin.

Streetscene employs a contractor, currently PHS Allclear, to collect and dispose of clinical waste bags. They will collect on either a weekly or fortnightly basis depending on need. Arrangements for this service are usually made by the local hospital or specialist nurse who will contact Streetscene with details of the customer and their requirements. If you have any queries or concerns please email us or telephone 01653 600666.

If prescribed by your GP, Sharps containers should be returned to the prescribing doctor's practice for disposal.


Contact us

Ryedale District Council
Ryedale House, Old Malton Road
Malton, North Yorkshire
YO17 7HH

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us

You are here: Home All services Environment and waste Rubbish and recycling Clinical household waste