Ryedale District Council

Hospitalisation - pet care

Advice on what help there may be available to look after your pet if you have to go into hospital.

If you go into hospital you will need someone to look after your pet. The most common option is to ask a family member, good neighbour or friend to help. If this is not possible, you may need to contact a local kennel or cattery. You should be able to find details of these in your local telephone directory.

Alternatively, you could ask your local vet to suggest some options.

You could also contact The Cinnamon Trust, a charitable organisation with 4,500 registered volunteers across the UK. They may be able to help you find pet care if you have to go into hospital.

In the case of an emergency admission, when you have not been able to make arrangements for care for your pet, Social Services has a duty to help you. Please contact Social Services on 0845 034 94 10.



Attachments (downloads)
FileNo of pagesFile sizeCreated
Download this file (Animal_Welfare_Charter.pdf)Dog and animal welfare charter784 kB11-2013

Contact us

Ryedale District Council
Ryedale House, Old Malton Road
Malton, North Yorkshire
YO17 7HH

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us

You are here: Home All services Health and social care Adult social care Hospitalisation - pet care