Ryedale District Council

You are here: Home All services Housing Council and social housing Property register

Property register

The Council is a non stock holding authority but several Housing Associations provide social housing in the district, including Yorkshire Housing, the main provider of social housing. To contact Yorkshire Housing telephone 0345 3664404.

north yks homechoice logo Feb 2017

The Housing Register

The housing register is a waiting list of applicants applying for social housing. Homes are allocated on the basis of housing need, length of time on the register and choice of area and property type. We have formed a partnership with Housing Associations who have properties in Ryedale, so that most social rented properties are let through one single housing register.

How do I apply for a Council House in Ryedale?

There are no council houses in the District and all social housing is provided by Housing Associations including:-

How do I apply for a Housing Association House in Ryedale?

Social housing in Ryedale is advertised on the North Yorkshire Home Choice website. All properties are allocated in accordance with the common allocations policy.

Ryedale District Council and Yorkshire Housing are amongst the partners who have developed this policy and they work together across North Yorkshire according to strict guidelines.

How can I get housing advice in Ryedale?

If you require housing advice contact the Housing Options Team at Ryedale District Council or telephone our customer services team on 01653 600666 to arrange an appointment with the duty officer. Appointments are normally available every weekday except Wednesday at Ryedale House in Malton.



Contact us

Ryedale District Council
Ryedale House, Old Malton Road
Malton, North Yorkshire
YO17 7HH

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us

You are here: Home All services Housing Council and social housing Property register