Ryedale District Council

Tourist signs

Please note that this service is not provided by Ryedale District Council. Information on this service is provided by North Yorkshire County Council.

NYCCTourist signs ("brown signs") are the responsibility of the Highways Agency on trunk roads and the local highway authority on other roads. Tourist attractions and facilities (e.g. hotels) can apply for direction signs to their location.

If they meet the criteria (which may vary by area) then they pay for the costs of erecting the signs.

For further information on support for tourism businesses please visit the Tourism support for Businesses page.


Contact us

Main contact links for the Council:

Find our main offices by map

Your feedback

Connect with us

We're on Social Networks. Follow us and get in touch.
You are here: Home All services Leisure and culture Tourism and travel Tourist signs